Summary: - The story should mainly revolve about Severus and Harry.
- Severus is revealed to be Harry's biological father in the context of an Occlumency lesson.
- Harry is or becomes proficient in the Mind Magics.
- The story has to contain the sentence: "Your father, James Potter, died when you were one and a half years old." Slight variations can be accepted.
- It involves a prophecy that asks for "A Father's Sacrifice". Bonus points if Severus casts the Killing Curse at Harry, without malicious intent.
- The story has to include the lyrics of at least one song. That does not mean the song has to make up the entirety of the story. Ideally, the song actually exists at the point of time in the story when it is referenced.
When you post your story, make sure to reference this challenge so that others can contribute, too :-)
Summary: Santa is a wizard. In some manner, Snape and Harry end up running into him and causing him to lose his life (completely on accident!) during the Christmas of Harry's first year (about the age of Charlie from the movie). When Santa died, a magic card appeared in front of the closest deserving wizard, which happens to be Snape. The card tells him to put on Santa's hat and complete his work for the night. (In this story the hat is magical. No body modification happens - think St. Nicholas of Europe, skinny, distinguished. You could get rid of the greasy hair and black, maybe a more jolly demeanor, etc.?) After Snape and Harry have completed his work for the night with the help of a super magical time turner, he is taken back to Santa's workshop where the elves (an earlier version of house elves, not so subservient and filled with the holiday spirit) explain what his new role will be.
How is Harry with Snape at the time? Perhaps Snape catches him out of bed wandering around under his invisibility cloak while he is staying over at Hogwarts during Christmas. They run into Santa while he is delivering gifts to the castle. Does Quirrel kill Santa?
Snape starts to develop extra powers. He starts to see what children want/need the most. He seems to know what to say to them. His patience with children has started to increase. He is finding it harder and harder to insult anyone. It becomes noticeable. Dumbledore is concerned, what about his spy role? Lucious and Minerva think there is something wrong with him and approach him separately to ask about it.
Meanwhile, Harry is encouraging to Snape in his new role. When he questions the head elf about why he never received gifts before he explains that Santa is more than gifts. His job is to gather all the goodwill in the world throughout the year and renew it during the darkest time. It is imperative that this happen or Chaos will take over. The gifts are more something for the elfs to do. They spread the magic through the Muggle community, but Wizards need more than that. That is where the magic ritual of spreading goodwill comes in. So wizard kids more often than not, receive magical gifts.
Does Harry get a magic snow globe that he has to use when he goes back to the Dursleys for the summer?
If Snape rejects the role, bad things will happen (please expand, maybe he tries?). Harry is there in the background, offering encouragement, believing in him, seeing past his exterior (the hat must have picked him for a reason! He must just be pretending!). They are linked because Harry went with Snape the first time.
Would Snape go back to teaching in the fall?
This storyline lends itself to a lot of OOC, but it would be really funny if Snape starts acting OOC then keeps telling himself to snap out of it! Maybe he dips behind his Occlumency barriers, but the magic of the hat keeps pushing him out? Not sure, but he knows he's not acting as normal and can't seem to help himself. He eventually gives in, though he should be able to keep the sarcasm, it's just nicer.
Summary: Remus and Sirius have been raising Harry. Sirius never went to Azkaban. Their lifestyle leaves a lot be desired however. In this story Sirius and Remus are not nice people. They support themselves through petty theft and are the neighborhood bullies. They also happen to live in the same town as Severus. In spite of how his rough upbringing Harry has a higher moral compass that expected and strives to do his best. This is not well received by his guardians. One day Severus finds Harry (any time pre or during Hogwarts) sleeping in his garage and reluctantly decides to help Harry. The road ahead is difficult but eventually they develop a good relationship. The background for this challenge is based loosely on some scenes from the movie The Best of Me (based on a book by Nicolas Sparks) like when Dawson sleep in the car, when he says he ran into a tree, his relationship with Tuck, and his general home situation. Please free to use any scenes as inspiration-other than the ending!!
Summary: Hogwarts is shut down due to a pandemic and students will sent home and be homeschooled. A certain set of guardians refuse to take Harry back in fear of getting Dudley sick. A teacher is assigned to take Harry with him home. They arrive at Spinner's End, and let the fun begin. Can take place any year.
Summary: The illness is raging at Hogwarts. The school is forced to close. Students are sent home. Wizard families are assumed competent to homeschool their children. The muggle born and raised however will require daily or weekly check-ins by a professor. Needless to say-Severus is assigned to check on Harry. This can be via floo or in person (maybe after Harry doesn't complete any of his work?). What will he discover of the home environment at the Dursley? Will check-ins need to be more frequent?
Summary: Eileen is alive and lives close to the Dursleys. She has some type of relationship to Severus where they write letters or occasionally talk. She keeps going on about the poor boy from the neighborhood, always willing to help with yard/housework, always hungry, seems abused or neglected-but so sweet. Severus thinks she might be getting a bit demented in her old age. When Severus finally comes to visit over the summer he discover the identity of the mystery boy- Harry Potter. Can take place any time, or over several years.
This is not an official P and S fic fest. This is a fic fest /challenge issued by me.
- Write a story about Harry overcoming something especially difficult. It could be his difficulties at home, his difficulties with Snape, with some emotion he's having trouble with, with an event that's happened that he's having trouble getting past, etc. The theme of this challenge is overcoming and coming out stronger in the end, so this should be the main theme of the story you submit. Whether he overcomes on his own or with another character's help is up to you.
- Length can be a one shot, a short multi-chapter story, or a longer story.
- This is an open ended challenge and has no end date and you can submit more than one story if you like.
Requirements: 18+ years old Harry is a teacher at Hogwarts. Subject up to you.
Things to consider:
* Did he want to be a teacher or is he at Hogwarts for some other reason?
* Is he happy there?
* Is Harry a young man or is he older? Does he have a family that lives with him at the school?
* Does Harry already have a pre-established good relationship with Snape? Are they still at odds? Are they a father and son?
* Is Harry just teaching at Hogwarts for a little while or is this his career?
* Is Harry the character we know and love or has he changed in some way for the better or the worse?
* Is Harry just filling in for someone temporarily? Is he actually an auror and he's there on assignment pretending to be a teacher? Is he a teacher in training (apprentice to another teacher), or is he seasoned?
* Are any other kids from Harry's year there teaching?
Just a fun little writing prompt.
Summary: Harry Potter has a random request. Something *nobody* would have ever expected him to ask for.....
Rules : Snape must hear about the request whether that's at the time or after is up up you. Whether it affects snape or not is also up to you. He must be canonical though-- so he can't be supportive of the request, at least not at first
An example: "the entire hallway was silent, you could hear a pin drop. All eyes were on the unlikely duo standing in the middle, one dark-haired and green-eyed hero looking sheepish and hopeful at the boy in front of him as he awaited an answer to his question. 'Will you be my date for the Yule Ball?''(obviously this is an example set during the tournament)
A 2nd example just to show how much freedom you have with this challenge: "The bushy haired teenager had never in a million years thought she'd hear these words from her friends mouth. They were downright cruel in fact! And he didn't even look sorry! How dare Harry James Potter ask her if she could have her parents fix her teeth because they were getting even bigger and it was hard for him to not laugh?! I mean, how rude of that boy!" 🙃😃
A 3rd possible example: "When Severus Snape woke up that morning, he had no idea he'd end his day staring open mouthed at the audacity of the dunderheaded brat in front of him. The little idiot had just barged into Snapes office and requested, nigh demanded, Severus Snape be nice to him! What in the blazes is going on?!"
This challenge is so wide open I think we can get some serious laughs out of it or if you go serious that's awesome too.
Summary: Snape doesn't get knocked out when he is disarmed in the Shrieking Shack in 3rd year. He sees everything that happens with Pettigrew and believes the story and is therefore less likely to notify the Ministry when they get back to the castle. He also hears Harry agree WAY to quickly to move in with Sirius. How does this affect things moving forward? The selected categories are a suggestion.
Powered by eFiction 3.3