Severus Snape is cursed with an affliction that has him human by day and a centaur, named Ajax, by night. One night, Ajax rescues a lonely eleven-year-old Harry Potter and a bond forms between them. They meet each night from that point forward. As Ajax, Severus learns more about Harry than he would have ever wanted to learn. But without revealing himself to Harry, how can Severus help this orphaned boy?
11 Oct 2017 - Updated:
13 Sep 2022
A response to Potions, Snitches, and Hooves: by Alexannah, Summary: Severus and/or Harry is a centaur. Details up to the author--could be transformation or always was one; could be known by everyone or kept secret
1. Chapter 1 by krosi [Reviews - 5] (3317 words)
2. Chapter 2 by krosi [Reviews - 3] (3485 words)
I am really excited to see where this story goes! This is a new take on a Severus and Harry story than I have usually done.
3. Halloween by krosi [Reviews - 4] (5396 words)
4. Research by krosi [Reviews - 3] (4635 words)
5. Not One of Us by krosi [Reviews - 5] (6295 words)
This chapter is rated T for some coarse language and mild graphic scenes.
6. Suspicions by krosi [Reviews - 3] (3936 words)
7. Aconite by krosi [Reviews - 4] (4555 words)
8. At the Cottage by krosi [Reviews - 5] (5728 words)
9. Are We Friends? by krosi [Reviews - 5] (4393 words)
I had updated this on Fanfiction and completely forgot to do the same here. My apologies. I am doing my best to update all my stories when I can.
10. Growing Relationships by krosi [Reviews - 4] (3120 words)
Sorry for long wait. Finally got this story in the direction I want it to go.
11. Chapter 11 by krosi [Reviews - 3] (4169 words)
Sorry for a long wait.
12. Christmas with Centaurs by krosi [Reviews - 4] (3901 words)
13. A Bad Ruse by krosi [Reviews - 5] (3405 words)
Short, but important
14. The Hunting Compass by krosi [Reviews - 3] (3182 words)
15. Our Pack Herd by krosi [Reviews - 3] (3266 words)
16. Who You Are by krosi [Reviews - 3] (3937 words)
17. Chapter 17 by krosi [Reviews - 3] (4038 words)
Thank you to those who wait patiently and understandingly for each update to all my stories.
18. Ruses and Traps by krosi [Reviews - 5] (3266 words)
19. Shadows and Mirrors by krosi [Reviews - 5] (4404 words)
The idea of the Shadow World came from Disney’s A Christmas Carol, the 2009 movie. For those who’ve seen it, remember the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come? That is how I picture the shadow world in this story. I am glad everyone is finding this exciting! Enjoy the next chapter!
20. Chapter 20 by krosi [Reviews - 4] (4109 words)
Just to clear some things up, what Ruse did to Remus and Harry is entirely different from Severus’s family curse. Ruse was a psychopath who helped people find their animagus form in a single day instead of going through the long, official process (which takes months). However, as Dougal said, Ruse leaves out one key ingredient in the potion he uses, purposefully screwing up the whole transformation so that the victim will eventually become stuck in their animal form so Ruse can then hunt, kill, and stuff them. It’s sick and twisted, but that’s Ruse. If he kept that key ingredient in, nothing bad would happen with the whole process and everyone would be able to change at will like any other animagus without fear of being trapped as an animal at some point.
Severus, on the other hand, was cursed by a sphinx. Totally different problem. He was temporarily turned into a horse by that powder, but that is not permanent.
Now Harry, he is a horse, but he has the markings of a deer. Like his patronus, I assumed his animagus would canonly be a stag, like his father. However, he has come to see and love Severus as his father (that’s no spoiler at this point, right?), which changed his animagus into a horse, which is Severus’s animagus. Ajax is not his animagus form. I apologize; I should have described Harry more. I got so caught up in the action. I hope that clears up some confusion.
With that said, please enjoy the next chapter!
21. Adventure Awaits by krosi [Reviews - 4] (5172 words)
22. A Turn for the Worse by krosi [Reviews - 3] (5436 words)
I will try to do better at updating this year on all my stories. New Year's Resolution.
23. The Sphinx's Gift by krosi [Reviews - 5] (4006 words)
24. To Become a Family by krosi [Reviews - 3] (5923 words)
To be continued...
is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 21 members. Members who liked Learning Friendship
also liked 1015 other stories